The HIIT UBE by StairMaster is an upper body ergometer which utilizes fan generated resistance for High Intensity Interval Training, cardiovascular workouts, strength conditioning, and rehabilitation. Unlike lower body ergometers (such as exercise bikes) which employ the legs as the primary driver for movement, upper body ergometers utilize the arms, shoulders, and upper back in a pedaling motion, much like using a bicycle with your hands. In physical therapy, an upper body ergometer, or UBE as it is commonly known, can be used to improve upper extremity strength and endurance, and to improve the overall work-generating capacity of your arm muscles.
A UBE can also be beneficial for working through an upper extremity injury during rehabilitation. When used during High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), the UBE will make your heart pound, lungs burn, and muscles scream as you push yourself to the limit. While the hand pedals activate and challenge the chest, shoulders, back, arms and core muscles, the body relies on the legs for stability and strength. HIIT training on an upper body ergometer gives new meaning to discipline and perseverance for even the most conditioned of athletes.
- Full commercial rated
- Adjustable tower accommodates wide variety of workouts and user sizes
- Integrated bench for seated workouts can be removed to accommodate standing or wheelchair workouts
- Adjustable cranks for varied range of motion and bilateral or unilateral motions
- Low-maintenance twin belt transmission keeps it quiet and ultra smooth
- Fan based system features low start-up resistance, with high output at top end
- Fully adjustable crank arm features opposing motion, dual motion and single arm neutral
- Ergonomic grips provide ideal wrist positions for upper body training
- Convenient storage bracket for removable seat when not in use
- Water bottle holder
- Bright and friendly LED display with key metrics
Gym Solutions, No.1 supplier of new, used and remanufactured commercial gym equipment. Come down to our Sydney Showroom to view our extensive range today! We accept walk-ins or by appointment. Prices exclude GST, delivery and installation services.
Or if you’re looking to create a professional, fun and functional training space then read more on how we supply and install 2nd hand commercial gym equipment from all the major brands in order to create an exciting training environment for your members.